שימו לב: כל הזיהויים או חלקם שהושפעו מפיצול זה הוחלפו בזיהויים של Merops. זה קורה כשאין ביכולתנו להגדיר זיהוי לאחד הטקסונים היוצאים באופן אוטומטי. מעבר על זיהויים של Merops orientalis 2229

Taxonomic Split 117744 (הועלה ב 2022-12-02)

"The striking morphological distinctness of members of each of the three groups, with no evidence of intergradation and with the most distinct taxa (cyanophrys and muscatensis) interposed between the other two groups, argues for a three-way split (as noted by e.g. Fry 2001). Therefore the polytypic group Green Bee-eater (Yellow-throated) Merops orientalis [viridissimus Group] becomes African Green Bee-eater Merops viridissimus, with subspecies viridissimus, flavoviridis, and cleopatra; the polytypic group Green Bee-eater (Arabian) Merops orientalis cyanophrys/najdanus becomes Arabian Green Bee-eater Merops cyanophrys, with subspecies cyanophrys and muscatensis; and the polytypic group Green Bee-eater (Russet-crowned) Merops orientalis [orientalis Group] becomes Asian Green Bee-eater Merops orientalis, with subspecies beludschicus, orientalis, ceylonicus, and ferrugeiceps."

נוסף על־ידי birdwhisperer בתאריך דצמבר 02, 2022 06:15 לפנה"צ | אושר על ידי birdwhisperer בתאריך דצמבר 02, 2022
מתפצל אל

תגובות

Mapping not finished yet.

פורסם על-ידי birdwhisperer לפני 2 חודשים (סמן)

@birdwhisperer can you make sure to update the maps of anything you split as you split them? We're using these for evaluation and it's throwing off our metrics. You can find the steps here https://inaturalist.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/151000015337-section-d-how-to-respond-to-a-flag-requesting-to-split-a-taxon#Step-3b%3A-Altering-a-taxon-range
thanks!

פורסם על-ידי loarie לפני בערך 2 חודשים (סמן)

@loarie If I'm going to get anything done, I'm going to need better instructions. I've spent the last 6 hours trying to follow the instructions in your link and it gets me nowhere. I've gotten as far as adding polygons to create the new ranges but every time I run the difference and intersection geoprocessors, it says the taxon range that I downloaded has "invalid geometry."

פורסם על-ידי birdwhisperer לפני בערך 2 חודשים (סמן)

Interesting, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for testing these steps. I updated the tutorial with this fix which worked for me:
"If when using the Difference or Intersection Geoprocessing Tools you get an error saying that the feature has invalid geometry, use the Buffer Geoprocessing Tool with a buffer distance of 0 on the range which will usually repair the geometry. Then use the output of the Buffer Tool as the input in the Difference and Intersection Tools."
Thanks again for trying these steps

פורסם על-ידי loarie לפני בערך 2 חודשים (סמן)

@loarie That worked. All of the Green bee-eater now have updated ranges. I'll get to work on the other splits that were committed.

פורסם על-ידי birdwhisperer לפני בערך 2 חודשים (סמן)

awesome - looks great - thank you!

פורסם על-ידי loarie לפני בערך 2 חודשים (סמן)

הוספת תגובה

כניסה או הרשמה להוספת הערות